Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Birdhouse Treat Box

I love the charm of birdhouses even though I've never owned one.  Our neighborhood birds just nest in the trees.  Anyway, while looking though my Sizzix dies for a treat box, I spied the Tall Box with Scalloped Flap Big Pro die (you can probably find an Eclips cartridge that will cut it too) and thought that it could be decorated to look like a birdhouse.  (I might have seen this idea on another blog but my mind just files away projects and they pop up sometimes way later.)  After cutting the box from a Pebbles 12x12 printed two-sided Valentine cardstock (in my stash from last year), I used the Martha Stewart anywhere punch to cut out the heart shaped opening and then a piece of acetate was taped behind it.  For the roof, I simply measured, cut it out (from another piece of cardstock (the reverse of the same printed design) and punched the edges with an EK Success Valentine border punch.  

The little bird was cut from glitter cardstock using a Tim Holtz die and gluing on a feather tail.  If you don't have that die, a Martha Stewart bird sticker would work just as well.  As you can see, the treat box is rather ample for Valentine goodies (non-edible craft supplies will be appreciated by your creative friends).Other than some of the flowers, all the products for this project were purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts.  Have some fum crafting Valentine Birdhouse Treat Boxes like this one and please the special ones in your life.  Thanks for stopping by to read my blog.  I hope you enjoyed it and will visit again soon.  Please leave a comment if you have the time.....really makes me smile.


4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww Lynn you amazing me everything..this is the cutest... love it

Have a wonderful Valentines..

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow this turned out really really cute Lynn! Anything with birds I'm all eyes and ears for.... love the treat box also would be perfect for spring too!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Awesome birdhouse Lynn and I sure love the feather on the bird's tail.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Dear, are you truly visiting this site regularly,
if so afterward you will absolutely get fastidious experience.


my website; interesting web site