Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Boy's and Girl's Day Post-It Note Holders

As soon as I saw the Dandelion Design Kokeshi Doll head stamps, I knew I had to get the set.  I bought mine from Ben Franklin Crafts and loved that it included the pattern for the candy holders.  Because I try not to be a candy pusher, I found myself trying to come up with items to put in the boxes.  My favorite filler is Post-It notepads.  There are some that will fit as is but since I only had the regular size ones, I cut them in half and stacked them.
I followed the directions to assemble the box except that I didn't glue the side edges of the bottom flap.  and used washi tape to close the kimono.  By wrapping the washi tape like a belt around the box and ending so that it stops on the washi tape on the other side of the kimono, you will be able open and close the box easily. (Fold the loose end of the tape under so it is easy to lift up.) Also, I was bothered by the look of the doll head in the back because the Copic ink bled through the cardstock, so I covered it up with a punched circle upon which a stamped circle (Dandelion word stamp from previous year) was glued.
These thoughtful little kokeshi doll note holders are great for passing out to office co-workers.  They can also be filled with lip gloss or hand sanitizer (the Bath and Body Shop tube fits), a shaped paper clip container (from Celebrations), or mint dispenser.  Have a Happy Boy's Day (March 3rd) and Girl's Day (May 5th)!  Be happy and craft something fun today.

8 comments:

Joy said...

Really cute idea! The stores did Jean's candy version last Saturday as a make 'n take.
Just love dandelion designs!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw these turned out really cute...And they sure will make cute gifts for the occasions too. Love the idea using the washi tape as a belly band...

Annette Allen said...

oh now these are just way too cute...so fun

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And so fun! Its been so long since I have been able to go Ben Franklin. This is making the crafting itch go crazy right now. :)

Tammi said...

These are so cute, note holders are always great gifts! Great idea with the sentiment behind the "colored" part in the back! ~hugs and thanks for always making me smile...you are a sweetheart.

Unknown said...

Love this idea - so cute, but doable for a novice like me. :)

Cami said...

These are just so darn cute! What a great idea to use post-it note! I love the washi tape for the obi part and how you bent in the end so you can open and close it easily! I will have to make these! Another great idea!

Cami

Unknown said...

Great idea! Error on dates of celebration. Girl's Day is on March 3rd and Boy's Day is on May 5th.