Friday, March 22, 2013

Meow! Happy Easter!

Easter is just around the corner so it is time to make cards for my sons.  I wanted my cards to have a  non-traditional look and a wacky sense of humor like my boys.  The Kitty Bee Maneki Neko (good luck cat) stamp set I just bought was the right size and was Asian in concept so it was non-traditional Easter, but it wasn't a rabbit.......so of course I made it some bunny ears!  For the Easter eggs I used the Kitty Bee fortune cookie stamp (from the food stamp set with the faces).
The funny part of the card (to me) is actually hidden in the pocket (made buy cutting off the flap from a Tim Holtz  'envelope with flap' die cut and punching out a half circle from the front).  For both boys' cards I stamped the words ' Your Are My Favorite' (Hero Arts clear stamp set) on the front (solving the sibling rivalry LOL!) but different Funny Bones stamp sayings on the back. Furry flowers and ribbons were attached to the cards to make them easy to pull out.  Oh yeah, the flap that was cut off the pocket was adhered to the front of the pocket for graphic interest.  The stamps and die can be purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts.
I hope this card invites you to use your brain to find humor in crafting and life.  Craft a card and send some smiles. Thanks for reading this blog.  I'd enjoy some feedback if you have the time to leave a comment.

6 comments:

Joy said...

That's so funny!Love the bunny cat!I'm sure the two can't wait to open the mail when they see it's from you!

Thanks for sharing!

Annette Allen said...

now this is just to to fun... I love that bunny and the fortune cookies are perfect.. love this Lynn..

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You're so clever Lynn. Love your non-traditional card. I bought a bunch of the Kitty Bee stamps too. Can't wait to ink them up. Good size, not too big and not too small. Have a fun and crafty weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

Very Ka-ute Lynn.... I'm sure your boys will love their cards....

eunice said...

lol, Lynn! I just totally love your cleverness and wonderful sense of humor when you come up with these super fun cards! You always bring on a smile with these cards...I always feel that "punny" cards make the best "guy" cards, and appreciate all the inspiration!

Cami said...

Heehee, that bunny cat you created is just TOO cute! What a creative mind you have!