Thursday, December 17, 2015

More Elves Not On Shelves


Here are two more elf Xmas crafts.  The first is a mini bag made with a Lawn Fawn die.  I like that the handle opening allows for a bow and makes it possible to tie it to another gift.  I added jingle bells to the ends of the Heiko ombre ribbon (from the Celebrations store).


This side view shows the depth of the bag and that it could easily hold gift card(s), specialty chocolates or maybe even jewelry(?).

Elves in boxes (made with a Neat and Tangled die) are my favorite elf tags.  The 'packing' in the boxes is made from fake snow glued onto cotton batting (both from BFC).  The card stock papers are Doodlebug, Echo Park or American Crafts. As with the elf projects from my last post, the images were colored with Copics and Kuretake brush markers.  The caps were embellished with Fun Flock (Stampendous).


I hope that you will think of new shapes for tags/cards and decorate them with happy elves.  They are lots of fun to do and with the dies most of the work is done for you.  If you are running out of crafting time, think about making tags/cards for next year.  After New Year's Eve, I usually make a bunch of tags and cards before putting away my Xmas stuff.  This really gives me a jump start for next year.... Xmas comes around really fast...yeah?


No comments: