Friday, May 22, 2009

Honu (Turtle) Thank you

Our friends at Stacey's Pets in Hilo often babysit our turtles when we travel so I wanted to make a cute presentation of some 'thank you' chocolates (nothing says thank you more than chocolate....right?). Recently, I saw (on Cheryl Miyashiro's Life is Sweet blog) a clever use of the french fry box made from the Sizzix die cutter. I think iit was her site but I may be mistaken. Anyway, two boxes were cut and assembled then taped back to back. This gives the boxes stability to stand up and provides more room for goodies. I used a graphic stamp of a turtle by Rubber Stamp Plantation and Brilliance ivy green ink on the unassembled boxes. (The stamp is old so the maker's name rubbed off and I'm not 100% certain it is a RSP product.) After taping the boxes together, rafia was wound around the handle and a coconut shell turtle button was tied on. I think this local-looking goodie box would make good graduation party favors or teacher thank you gifts.

No comments: