Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Card for Kim

Now that I finally have some free time, I decided to make a fancier card for a college graduate. The girl image used on the card is a TGF stamp that was colored, embellished with Stickles, cut out, and placed on foam dots. I used artificial flowers from Ben Franklin Crafts here and there on the card, and embellished some of the flowers with glitter pebbles. (The flowers were on a plastic stem but were easily pulled off.) An idea that I got from some crafty blogger's site (can't remember who's) was to use a glassine envelope to hold the cash gift. I sealed the envelope with a sticky dot and glued the flower with Fabri-Tac. The stamped sayings were from a Hero Arts clear set. By sticking to just a few colors and the theme of flowers and graduation, I think I created a card just right for my cheerful niece, KIM. (Click on the photo to enlarge the image.)



2 comments:

Shirley N said...

So pretty, Lynn. This is on my to-do list but I'm still looking for my mojo, lol!

Cheryl said...

So cute Lynn! I have yet to try making one of those types of cards.