Friday, May 28, 2010

Ooops! It Actually Looks Better!





















Rarely does a card turn out exactly as I imagined it and often there is a stray ink splotch or dot of glue. Ususally I cover up these mistakes with embellishments or try to erase it. On the lucky cat card I glued an artificial flower over the ugly spot and added two more flowers to balance it out. The fudge fix actually gave more dimension to the card and I liked the overall effect. Never cry over spilled ink, just cover it up. On the man with the umbrella card I was experimenting with Tim Holtz clear stamps and Distress Embossing Powder (weathered wood). I discovered that the embossing powder had a nice color and rough texture but was still too opaque for me so I just sprinkled a little here and there instead of covering all of the stamped image. Although the card is not a traditional graduation card, my family agreed that it is the perfect one for a cousin who will soon be working in a job with numbers and will be relocating to a rainy country. (Click on the photo to see the little numbers on the man's clothes.) A warning to cousin, Dean: "When you see birds on a wire either it's going to rain (high humidity makes it difficult for birds to fly) or they are planning to bless you. In either case, an umbrella is a useful thing. LOL





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey, you could never tell any of the mistakes. I'm terrible and when I make a mistake, I throw it away. I should try to salvage it like you. Great cards!!!