Sunday, September 19, 2010

Halloween Decorating



Ben Franklin Crafts is the place to shop for your Halloween decorations! There are so many autumnal and spooky items to choose. The top photo shows what I purchased recently. I really like the resin? casted skulls and hand skeletons. They give a scary decorating impact for very little cost. There are tombstones and strings of spiders too. BFC has many different packs of adhesive backed autumn foam pieces but by far the best buy is the large acetate box filled with leaves (some glittered) and pumpkins. The filled mini pumpkins are a super easy way to decorate your house for autumn. Wouldn't they be adorable along a window sill or down a cloth runner on your dining table? The black lacquer tray is a Sierra Pacific product and for $12.99 it is a bargain because it can be used for serving food too......appetizers anyone?
The second photo shows how I arranged the items. The treat bags were made by punching flat paper bags with the EK Success jack-o-lantern face punch. Then I filled small ziploc-type jewelry bags with candy corn and slipped them into the bag. The tops of the bags were then sealed with some of the adhesive backed foam leaves. I think it is wise to make simple treat bags for the trick-or-treaters because they are really only interested in the candy. I haven't decided what to do with the miniature apples and pears but I'm thinking they might look nice in a pedestal glass bowl with some sparkly beads.....maybe that will be my Thanksgiving centerpiece. Thanks for reading this blog post. I hope that I've given you some decorating ideas to make your holiday season more colorful and fun. Look for the kid-spirit in yourself; it will keep you young.


1 comment:

Janis said...

Great ideas to decorate for Halloween! Gotta go check it out now!