Monday, September 13, 2010

Halloween Gift Cards




















Once I purchased the Sizzix die for the pop-up gift card holder, I couldn't wait to try it out. It took one test run to figure out the how the mechanism of the pop-up card holder worked and I was off and crafting. Since I had all my Halloween paper out, I decided to make a Halloween pop-up card holder. I was a little messy with the glue (should have run the pieces through the Xyron) so I camouflaged the mistakes with glitter, Fun Flock, white ink, and polyester fiberfil (stretched and glued to look like spider webs). I took more time with the inside of the card than the outside because I wanted the element of surprise. The Darice Halloween buttons are from Ben Franklin Crafts and make nice additions to Halloween craft projects because they can be removed and worn. The stamped words are not really a background stamp (I learned this after opening the



















package) but are individual Halloween sayings from a Hero Arts clear set. Although it is a bit tedious to set up the words in a pattern, it is great to have so many different sized Halloween words. I am very pleased with the Sizzix die and can imagine many future projects. One of these Halloween cards will be given away (with a Ben Franklin Crafts gift card and other goodies) in an upcoming blog contest. Keep checking back here and watch for an announcement in an e-mail blast from Ben Franklin Crafts.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Lynn! I made some Halloween cards too which I haven't posted yet. I'll have to check the stores for Halloween paper since the last time I was there, it had just arrived. Ok, that was awhile ago and I need to go back.