Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Scream Halloween Card

I was having a silly day while looking at my Halloween stickers and papers. The word printed word 'SCREAM' made me think about the old diddy we sang as kids......"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!" My crazy brain thought how funny it would be to have a scary ice cream cone. The Martha Stewart carved pumpkin punch seem like just the right one to use for the "scoops of ice cream" and so the card took shape with the help of the cone from the Sizzix die. By cutting the cone from a white core brown cardstock and texturizing it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then sanding the cone, I was able to achieve a realistic-looking effect. (You could just hand-cut a cone and draw lines on it.) The Tim Holtz Vintge Market letter die set was used for the words. I love this Sizzlet die because it cuts the whole alphabet plus numbers! The Martha Stewart blood splatter stickers added the finishing yucky touch. Why did I make a silly card? Well, it's fun and kids just love the weird/scary stuff (even big adult kids). This card could be used to contain a Yogurtland gift card for a Halloween treat. Did you know that Yogurtland has two Halloween flavors? Check out the Pumpkin Pie and Blood Orange frozen yogurt....yum! There's still time to enter my blog candy Halloween giveaway (scroll down to see previous post). You have until noon on Oct. 1, 2010 so hurry and leave a comment!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great idea Lynn! Using the pumpkin head punch for the ice cream scoops. Cute card! I love that TH alpha die.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn,
That's a very clever idea.
Karen :-)