Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Shower Gift Decorated with Die Cut Paper Roses

I've been dying to use my new rose dies; when we were invited to this wedding shower party, it was the perfect opportunity to give the dies a test run. I couldn't decide on the large size rose die or the one with two smaller ones so of course I got both of them (on Ben Franklin Crafts 40% off coupon day you can get one at a super price). Because the dies fit the large Pro machine, they are an investment but well worth the price. As you can see, the dies cut large flowers which are easily spiraled into roses to be used for a multitude of decorating projects. I used some leftover embossed white wrapping paper which give the roses some interesting texture. For the center of the flowers I glued in stamens from the Ben Franklin Crafts floral/wedding department, but you could leave the centers unadorned. The gold foiled leaves are from the Wilton cake decorating aisle and the tulle netting ribbon is also from the floral department. I only had enough of the wide satin ribbon to make a bow to match the Martha Stewart wrapping paper (hence the use of the tulle ribbon) but I think that it worked out alright and it made me happy to use up supplies which seemed destined for the odds n' ends pile. As you can see, it doesn't take much to dress up gift wrapping to make the presentation an exciting part of the giving. Show your crafty side and wrap it up pretty with help from Ben Franklin Crafts!

5 comments:

kris said...

Wow that is gorgeous!!! very elegant and classy!! Fabulous job on wrapping this up!! =D

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous wrapping Lynn!!! Love your flowers. I've been debating on getting those dies too. I don't know what I would use them for since they are quite big but they are so pretty.

Shirley N said...

Wow, your roses are gorgeous, can't believe you made them from a die! Beautiful gift wrapping Lynn!

Islander Girl said...

Gorgeous!!! Oooh, now I want that die, but I don't have a pro and I refuse to buy one...hahaha! That's what I'm sayin' and I'm gonna stick to it! hahahah! Lets see how long that last. Adding the flowers elevated the gift absolute elegance!

Joy said...

Great use of the flowers dies, Lynn! I can just see them on a Christmas tree, too!

Maybe, I gotta go get some new dies!