Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beaded Necklace Change Up


The turquoise and wooden bead necklace in the foreground is a piece I purchased. I found it on the Macy's sale table and thought that the structure of the piece made it easily copied. Although I thought that the southwestern look was appealing, I wanted a more tropical necklace. It was easy to measure the department store piece and find similar materials at Ben Franklin Crafts. (See bottom photo.) Right now the store has many types of cordings, silver plated findings, and seed beads. Also available (while the supply lasts) are a jumbo packages of silver (or bronze) colored metal beads. Jewelry crafters will appreciate this bargain. The beads I used included prehenite, turquoise, shell, bone, metal, and various glass beads. When time permits I will try to write up a project sheet so you can create your own version of this simple three-strand beaded necklace. Thank you for being a visitor to this site. Please return often and leave a comment if you have the time. I enjoy hearing from you.










2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Let me know when you make the project sheet Lynn. I'll have to try this for once and see if I can make jewelry. Lol!

Islander Girl said...

Gorgeous! Wowzer! That's all I can say...speechless!