Sunday, April 5, 2020

Create Your Own Dream Card


 While pawing through my boxes of Easter crafting stuff, I spied a Stampendous wooden handled rubber stamp that had never been inked up...yup, another hoarded stamp. I think it is a spin off of an Alice in Wonderland illustration.  Even though it was not really Eastery (I guess I put in the box because it was a rabbit), my heart did a pit-pat and I hippity-hopped to ink it up. The image was too detailed for me to attempt to color or fussy cut it out, so I just stamped it on a piece of hand colored watercolor paper and heat embossed it with Hero Arts brass embossing powder (purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  I used a Tim Holtz stencil with Distress Ink and a Stampendous texture block rubber stamp with Versa Color ink to make the background paper for the rabbit with clocks image.  The background paper with the printed rabbit came from a Prima Marketing Inc. pack of  6x6 faux vintage sheets. For the sentiment, I curved the stamp on an acrylic block before inking up and heat embossing. The cog wheels were cut from metallic DCWV paper using Tim Holtz dies.  (One of the cogs looks reddish but it is actually copper colored. I wasn't able to capture the 'perfect' photo because of all the shiny parts.)  Anyway, I hope you're not hoarding toilet paper and antiseptic soap but like me, you are crafting with 'hoarded' craft supplies. LOL!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a cool stamp... you totally rocked it.. this is fabulous.

yyam said...

This turned out so whimsical and fun!

eunice said...

Totally loving the vintage ephemera vibes I'm getting from this very cool one of a kind Easter card. Definitely will become a collectors item for any Alice In Wonderland fan!