Friday, April 17, 2020

Egg Stealing Rabbit Card

During these troubling Corona virus days, I think humor helps to soften the fear of the unknown.  With this in mind, I looked at a set of My Monthly Hero stamps and dies that I purchased maybe a year ago from Hero Arts. (Yes, turn around and it's spring again.) The bunny image caught my eye because he looked mischievous.  I decided it would be humorous if he was stealing an egg to decorate for Easter.  While deciding on a design format I opened a bin and found some really old long cards and envelopes in pretty spring green and pink colors. The cards already had windows cut in them. (You can easily do this with a punch or die.)  After stamping the images, coloring them with Copic pens and die cutting them out, I used foam dots to adhere them to the card.  I used a Martha Stewart grass punch to cut out some tufts of grass that seem to be sprouting from the card. 
 On the inside of the card, I added more ducklings quacking at the bunny bandit.  It took me awhile to come up with the simple words for this card. At first I wasn't sure who should be talking, but then I was inspired by my grandson's first words.  We're still not sure where he learned them or why he said them often but they never failed to make us smile.  I hope that you are all safely self-quarantined and continue to craft to help relieve your stress.  Share your favorite blog sites so that we can all get more inspiration and smiles. Viral not virus Hugs!

3 comments:

eunice said...

Thanks for bringing a smile with your cute and clever bunny bandit card! Lol, "Uh, oh!" was one of our granddaughter's first phrases too, because we used to say it to her often when she was doing something naughty!

yyam said...

Hehehe...so cute!

Annette Allen said...

aww what a clever card. i totally love it..