Saturday, April 25, 2020

S'more Brownie Birthday Cake, Please!

In February I had my ?th birthday.  My non-cooking husband volunteered to take me out to all the meals of the day and get a cake. I preferred take out food and to make my own birthday cake.  I am a bit fussy about desserts and don't like to eat calories that are not worth it.  This year I had a yearning for a s'more cake that I saw on a cooking show.  However, I didn't want to spend all the time that the baker did on TV so I opted for a brownie cake made from my favorite brownie mix, Ghiradelli Triple Chocolate.  You are probably thinking, "brownie mix?".  I assure you that I have tried a bunch of brownie recipes from scratch and none of them match up to the taste of this mix.  (I've been a home baker for 30 plus years.)  Anyway, nowadays I buy the brownie mix in bulk from Costco (six pouches in a box) because the mix can be used in a variety of ways....cranberry pistachio squares or fruitcake brownie cupcakes, etc.  For this recipe, I just baked the brownies according to the directions and then in the last few minutes I threw on some crumbled Biscotti cookies (free from the airlines since I didn't have graham crackers), chopped dark chocolate (about a bar) and a cup of mini marshmallows. Then I put the pan under the broiler until the marshmallows browned.  This s'more brownie birthday cake was scrumptious and just what I was craving. It also freezes well so I have a ziploc of brownies to indulge in whenever I feel like celebrating my birthday again. LOL!

3 comments:

eunice said...

YUM!!! Sounds delicious... and easy! Thank you for the step by step... I am craving this right now!

Annette Allen said...

What how did I miss your Birthday? and it was in Feb. oh darn. Well I know it is super late but Happy Birthday and yes this yummy cake would make me want to celebrate again too.

yyam said...

Wow. It sounds yummy!