Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Carrot Candy Boxes with Bunny Tags


When I saw the Lawn Fawn carrot box die, I knew I had to have it.  The finished boxes are so cute and perfect for a few sweet treats.  They are really easy to construct from colored card stock and can be formed without glue so they can be opened and closed for easy access to the candy.  However, I found that a bit of glue is useful to make the tabs more secure. I love the way that the dies also impress marks to make the box more 'carrot-like'.
For the bunny tags, I stamped each bunny front and die cut them out.  Next, I folded a piece of white card stock and placed the ear of the bunny just above the fold so that when run through my Big Shot a folded bunny tag would emerge.  I glued the stamped die cut bunny onto the folded bunny tag blank. Then die cut pink felt inner ears were glued on as well as a hand cut pink felt nose and pom pom tails. Finally, the 'to' , 'from:', and 'Happy Easter' words were stamped onto the tags before they were attached to the carrot boxes with Heiko rainbow ribbon (from Celebrations or HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  Of course the tags can be simplified by just cutting one layer and stamping on the words. These carrot boxes are so easy to make that a 'bunch' of them can quickly be made for any gathering or as little Easter gifts for the office or classroom.  Hurry to HM Ben Franklin Crafts so you'll be able buy the LF die to make these adorable carrot candy boxes before Easter hops by. Happy Easter!

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Your carrot treat boxes paired with the adorable bunny tags are too CUTE! I especially like that they look like they would come together very quickly even when making several at a time. Thanks for the tip on your folded gift tags, I must give that a try!