Friday, March 15, 2024

Doggie Thank You Cards



When I receive a handmade card, I always save it for further inspection and inspiration.  If a get a store bought greeting card, I sometimes recycle it by simply cutting off the top and adhering it to a card blank. Sometimes a particularly cute card will inspire my creativity.  Recently a dear friend sent me a birthday card with 16 charming birthday doggies on the front. I decided to use my circle punches (two sizes) to cut out each dog to use as confetti.  As with my previous full front confetti window cards, I used a Heiko cello bag (available in packs at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to make the shaker bag to enclose a piece of card stock ( I used dot printed card stock by My Mind's Eye)sized slightly smaller than the card blank.  After filling the cello bag with confetti dots and the doggie dots, I taped down the back of the bag to tightly seal it around the dot card stock.  This confetti packet was attached to the card blank with double stick Heiko tape.  Finally, I cut the 'Thank You" words from foil card stock (DCWV) and glued them down with Fabri-Tac Glue by Beacon.  This was a very easy and quick recycled card project which resulted in TWO useful, fun, and interactive cards....now, that's what I call recycling times two!  Be creative and recycle your cards.

 P.S. Tell the recipients of your full face confetti cards that they can remove the confetti pack and glue it onto another card blank...voila! instant new recycled card! (Sorry that my photos have so much glare.)





 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mastered the creative card design skill! Wow I’m so proud to be the recipient of those cards…and I save all of mine :)