Saturday, March 23, 2024

Chocolate Rabbit Candy Box Card


When I think of Easter, chocolate candy rabbits instantly pop into my mind.  This may be due to the trauma I suffered as a young girl when I left my 'never tasted' chocolate Easter rabbit in a warm car only to discover it later as a puddle of liquid chocolate.  BOO HOO! Today I still have mixed feelings of joy and sadness when I see or receive a chocolate bunny. In homage to this Easter memory and because the rabbit embossed (with a Simon Says folder) on gold vellum paper looks like the liner inside an expensive box of chocolates, I created this card.  It was super easy to glue a ribbon bow around the embossed vellum and glue the vellum down to a basic white card blank. The Tim Holtz rabbit and bow dies were used to cut the 'chocolate rabbit' from brown card stock and the bow from blue card stock. The die cut pieces were both glued down to the embossed vellum before they were coated with Glossy Accents to make the rabbit look like 'real' chocolate. As a final touch, I  added a word label made with a stamp from an Ai Easter stamp set and a die from a Sizzix set.  (A scrap of printed floral card stock made the label look more Easterly.)  I am pleased with the outcome of this card because of the memories it evokes and the hope it brings of sweet Easters yet to come.  Hope your Easter is filled with happy, yummy treats and good memories that will last a lifetime!


 

No comments: