Saturday, January 16, 2010

Easy Cards

When my husband photographed this card I bet he didn't guess it was for HIS birthday! Happy Birthday old man! I chose this paper because he was going to be traveling on his birthday. Actually the paper is a 12x12 that I think was from a kid's line of designs. The Fly High stamp is an Imaginisce product and retails for only $1.49 at Ben Franklin Crafts. The curvy birthday word stamp is an old Stampendous one that may still be available. I like humorous cards so I went with the unexpected and paired the two new Hero Arts stamps and an adaptation on the Superman TV theme (inside the card). I guess you might have to be an over-the-hill person to get the humor.....so you got it right? Also the idea of a superfrog is a joke between my husband and me. We don't know whether my husband is not a prince so my kisses don't work or I'm not a princess. Oh well, all that matters is that I think he's a prince and he treats me like a princess. LOL!

This second card is a get-well one for a sick friend who recovered before I even got it in the mail. Anyway, the good intentions were there. I used the Hero Arts stamps and the paper came from a K and Co. printed paper pack. I really like the sentiments in the HA stamp set because they are already in quote or thought bubbles. Check out all the new craft items appearing in Ben Franklin Crafts for 2010. Don't forget to check out the clearance bins too. I got a deal on a giant-size wide roll of red velveteen Xmas ribbon....90% off....perfect for Valentine's Day cards and gifts. The plastic backed ribbon can be punched with the not-too-intricate paper punches. Also in the sale section were rub-on Valentine decals and colorful heart rhinestones. It really pays to look everywhere in Ben Franklin Crafts and to imagine what can be made from the bargain clearance items.






4 comments:

kris said...

Don't you LOVE it when BFC has such good deals?!?!? don't forget the 20% off coupon on monday... =D Love the fun cards... keep it up and show us more!! hugs, Kris

Angie said...

Can't live without BFS, especially when they have great bargains. I enjoy all your creative ideas and looking forward for more.

carol said...

I luv BF. I can get all my srts and craft supplies from BF. Recently made cards for friend with my photos of trips. carol

Peggy T. said...

HI, thanks to BFC`s Valentine Contest, finally made it over to this FUN site -- Pumps you up to read and see all the clever ideas being shared! Mahalo!
I sew more than I `craft` but still like to make lil `Boxes of Love`-- especially this time of year. They are prettily wrapped ~2 inch square boxes with an embossed printed tag that instructs the receiver to Leave them `wrapped & tied` as they are filled with Love inside :>