Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hero Arts Rubber Stamps



Pictured here are some of the new rubber stamps from Hero Arts. I have been pleasantly surpriesed with the Clings (green labels) rubberstamps because not only are they flat for easy storage but they work very well. I think the type of material (red rubber) in the Clings is superior to the material in the clear type of rubber stamps. I've had some problems with some of the thinner parts of clear stamps because they broke when I took the stamps off the acetate backing. However, the clear stamps have the advantage of making positioning of the design almost foolproof. Also the clear type of stamps tend to be less expensive than the other types. If you like to display your rubber stamp collection, then you'll want to invest in the wooden handled ones. On a shelf, the wooden rubber stamps are decorative and easily accessible. In a future blog I will feature some of the projects I've made using the stamps photographed here. For me, rubber stamps are probably my favorite crafting tools because of their ability to replicate a design on a variety of surfaces. It's also a fantastic way to collect mini works of art created by some terrific graphic artists. If you've never rubber stamped, give it a try..... but be prepared to become a rubber stampaholic like me!


2 comments:

kris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kris said...

Omgosh how embrassing i wrote the wrong thing on the first comment... LOL... delete... =D but i do LOVE the new stamps and so glad we have some of them here... Thanks for visiting my blog Lynn! really appreciate you coming by... =D hugs, kris