Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chocolate Rabbit Easter Card

I've waited a whole year to use the Tim Holtz rabbit die.  It was purchased last year after Easter along with the Spellbinders six eggs die.  I started this card with a lavender card base from a Paper Accent pack (sold at Ben Franklin Crafts).  No, actually I started the card by die cutting eggs....yay! using more scraps!  Next I die cut the rabbit from cardboard (thin chipboard) and covered it with chocolate glaze (a non-edible product from Padico, purchased in Japan)  You may be able to find the company online and purchase some from them or you can coat a brown rabbit with Crystal lacquer to achieve a similar effect.  The chocolate rabbit's ribbon was cut from sparkle paper with the die included in the TH set.  For more dimension, I rubbed Distress ink (in dauber top bottle) on the edges of the eggs.  There are numerous colors of ink to choose from so most papers can be matched.  The doily was stamped with the Dandelion Design words and affixed to the card with Merikan tape.  The green leaf sprigs were cut with the Tim Holtz die (from BFC) and adhered with  flowers and sticky back pearls cut in strips from a sheet I found in the BFC wedding aisle.
The two bottom-weighted bunnies were also found at Ben Franklin Crafts at an unbelievable low price.  They are in front of the TH cutting tray which I forgot to mention must be used with the repositionable magnetic rabbit die.  The photo below shows how the  adorable chick memo holder (from BFC) can be used to hold your special handmade Easter cards.  I hope you won't be like me and take you a whole year to use your Easter supplies, but if you do acquire a few at the end of the spring season just think of how much planning you can do before next Easter.  LOL!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

OH wow!! I thought that bunny was the real deal. This is sooo cool Lynn! The whole card just shouts EASTER is here!! Fabulous job with all the details. Wow, this is soo cool!!
TFS!!
^.^

Annette Allen said...

Did someone say CHOCOLATE GLAZE.. girl that is awesome.. LOVE that rabbit and I can see why you were so excited to use it..

yyam said...

Awwww....so cute! Glad you finally got to use that die!

P/s: Wish I had a Ben Franklin in my neck of the woods...I would be poorer but happier..lol

Unknown said...

Love that choco bunny...looks good enough to eat!

Cheryl M. Alipio said...

Very cute Easter card! That choco bunny sure looks real!

SuiLan said...

OMG your chocolate bunny is absolutely amazing along with the die cut eggs! I'm blown away!

snowbear said...

I don't know which one i want more.. the eggs dies or the chocolate bunny! Thank you for the chocolate bunny technique!