Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter!

I made this Easter card special because it is for all of you in blogland.  I started with a panel of watercolor paper, a cloud template and some Reeves water soluble wax pastels (all purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts). I discovered that the wax pastels are a very soft, blendable medium.  With a little spritz of water, I was able to smudge the color to impart a pleasing crayon/watercolor look.  For the gigantic marbled egg I cut a scrap of wrapping  paper (purchased at Celebrations in Mapunapuna, next to BFC) using the Spellbinders egg die (featured in a previous post).


To make the stamped Art Impression bunny suited kids even cuter, I applied some Martha Stewart sparkly flocking. The grass was punched out with another MS product. The 'Got Eggs' sign was stamped with an AI stamp and made more realistic with a small barbecue stick piece.  Finally, to add pearly dimension, I used  Pearl Pens I discovered in the fabric printing section of Ben Franklin Crafts.  There were lots of lovely pen colors so I got lots of them.
Inside the card I used the Dandelion Design sentiment and Stampendous Easter basket cling stamp.  I hope all of you who have sweetly supported my blog with your encouraging comments will have a wonderful Easter holiday.   I'm sending  'a basket full of Easter wishes' from me to you, my blogland friends!


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your card is so adorable! Love that sparkly stuff you put on the bunnies. Is it sold at BF? What brand stamp is the got egg sentiment? Have a Happy Easter!!!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

The bunny suits looks cool with the sparkly flock. I better get me some from BFC. Thanks! Also love the cute sentiment. Have a very Happy Easter, Lynn.

Unknown said...

Happy Easter Lynn! Such a cute design and fun Easter egg design.

Annette Allen said...

oh my that little image is TOO CUTE.. totally fabulous Lynn..

Have a blessed Easter..
Rejoice in the Lord..

Leanne said...

Awww this is sooo SWEET Lynn!! Love all the sparkly, shiney and lovely details. Wishing you and your ohana a wonderful Easter.^ as well.
Mahalo for all your inspirations!!
^