Friday, April 11, 2014

Easter Egg Tags

After cutting the eggs for the card in the previous post, I just couldn't stop cranking out eggs.  I decided that the largest size egg die would make terrific tags with just the addition of a ribbon through a punched hole.
I had an extra chocolate rabbit (read last post for how-to instructions) and eggs for the tag and combined it with a funny sentiment stamp I purchased from Viva Las Vegas Stamps.

For the vintage Peter Rabbit-like tag, I used a Rubber Baby Buggy Bumper stamp.  The image was stamped with brown waterproof ink on newsprint-like paper and colored with watercolor pencils.
The egg edge was distressed with TH tea dye ink.
I enjoyed making these egg tags because they were quick and easy.  Although the tags both used the same paper for the base, they have a totally different look because of the images and ribbons. I know that I'll be making more egg tags in the future using some of my other Easter images.  Hope you are having as much crafting fun as I am......I love the cuteness of Easter!

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww totally adorable Easter Tags.. those bunnies are too fun..

Unknown said...

Totally cute! Making me want those egg die cuts...haha

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, Lynn, these are the best tags I've seen for Easter! I love the details on the eggs and that chocolate bunny looks good enough to eat!

snowbear said...

These are so cute!!!! I love the chocolate bunny but i also love the other vintage one!

Tammi said...

'Hollow chocolate has no calories' lol, love it...these are wonderful!

Leanne said...

Loving your Easter themed projects Lynn! That chocolate bunny is amazingly realistic. I hope the recipient doesn't mistake it for real. lol. Turned out beautifully!!
TFS!