Sunday, April 27, 2014

Seaglass Necklace

Are you fond of sea glass?  I love the look and enjoy the thrill of finding it.  It's difficult to obtain these days because many crafters are beachcombing for it.  Also, I don't have the time or patience to drill beach glass for jewelry making.  Now at HouseMart Ben Franklin Crafts you can find a treasure chest of faux sea glass in lovely colors, shapes and sizes.  Although it's not the same as finding your own, I think you will be pleased with the realistic feel and look of these sea glass beads.  Sorry the photo above is not the best but I had difficulty getting the colors and shine true.  The teardrop amethyst looks black but actually it is a very pretty purple top drilled faceted bead.  A fancy sterling head pin is strung through an odd shaped pearl and looped onto the triangle ring.

The photo below shows only a few of the many styles of sea glass beads available at BFC. I think both jewelers and other crafters will find that the selection of sea glass beads at BFC will inspire many new projects.  Imagine sea glass and shells dangling from your craft work.  Spectacular!  Go take a look.  I know you'll love them.  Hurry, they are really flying out of the store!

7 comments:

Leanne said...

You're multi-talent is awesome Lynn. This is pretty, the colors and combination of elements is very striking. The seaglass would definitely be a beautiful addition to any craft project.
MFS!! Hope you're having a nice weekend!
^.^

Unknown said...

That is soooo "charming" (pun intended) I'm a huge fan of all the little pieces to create one awesome piece of jewelry!

Annette Allen said...

wow this necklace is gorgeous.. fabulous designing Lynn..

Anonymous said...

I had my eyeball on the sea glass at BF. Yup, have a hard time finding them at the beach. I love how you combined your glass with all the other beachy elements. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I had my eyeball on the sea glass at BF. Yup, have a hard time finding them at the beach. I love how you combined your glass with all the other beachy elements. So pretty!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty necklace Lynn! Love the color and its just so pretty!

Maire Gamber said...

I love sea glass and your necklace is just beautiful!
I do a little jewelry but I am really slow! LOL
Your's is lovely.
Hugs,
Marie