Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cat Graduation Card

 No, the cat is not graduating.....my son is!  I wanted to make him a card that was very special, just for him.  He is a loving owner of two cats who have helped keep him sane during his college years so I had to include them. It was easy to construct this card with the use of the Paper Smooches Polaroid die and computer photo paper.  I used the same die to cut out the cat photos that were inserted into the frame.  Black Momento ink stamps well on the photo paper and is waterproof as well.  The stamps used on the card front were from a Studio G set (I think). The circular congrats one was heat embossed with gold powder and the gold photo corners were in my stash but should be easy to find....maybe at BFC.
 I wasn't planning to decorate the inside because I wanted lots of room for a message but I couldn't not include this smiling face.  The silver grey space will not be enough for all I have to say, so I guess I will just have to continue on the back.  The gold metal stars are actually fabric studs that I found at the bottom of my sequin/confetti drawer...hahaha...they must be from the 80's!  The Hero Arts stamp set and Doodlebug 6x6 paper pad were from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.
I hope this post has given you some ideas for personalizing your greeting cards.  Including photos is sure to please the recipients and later they can easily incorporate the cards into their scrapbooks. Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

your too funny.. i like NO THE CAT IS NOT GRADUATION.. heehee... Congrats to your son.. I know you are so proud.. he will love this..

yyam said...

Well you must be so proud of your boy! Love the use of those cat photos to personalize your card! I'm sure the recipient will be very happy! :)

P/s:Thanks for always stopping by my blog to leave me sweet comments Lynn. As a gesture of my appreciation, I would love to make you a mixed media canvas featuring a treasured family photo. Please email me at yvonne.yam[at]gmail.com. :)

eunice said...

Congratulations, MOM! You must be SO PROUD...and relieved! I can't say enough how much I totally LOVE this card. And I just know your son loved it even more! The animated cat photos are priceless...and making them into
polaroids is a stroke of genius! A perfect personalized card for a very special person in your life!

RobertNelson said...

Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Dinosaur Pen