Monday, May 11, 2015

Grad Goodie Bags

 I had the challenge to come up with graduation goodie bags to pass out after my son's graduation dinner.  Since they would have to travel to the east coast I needed to be able take them disassembled and assemble/fill them quickly once we arrived at the destination.  I came up with these owl bags which were amazingly easy to create due to the Echo Park owl die I bought at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. I also used a die ( Quilled Creations purchased at BFC) to cut out the leaves.
 The parts, including the googlie eyes were glued with Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue (great adhesion and wonderful applicator pen).  The cap was created with a Dandelion stamp used on the same brown colored card stock as the owl head so that the tassel wouldn't need to be so carefully cut.  Being unable to find the right sized number stamp, I had to hand write the year.
I used the 3 in 1 Beacon glue (got it from BFC) to adhere the owls onto clothespins which will eventually be used to close the bags of Big Island cookies.  The bags with the windows were from a store in Japan, but I'm sure you can find a windowed bag somewhere and you can stamp words on them to jazz them up.  I am very pleased with the outcome of this project because it wasn't too time consuming and I will be able to pack everything easily in my suitcase and give the guests something attractive and tasty to take home.  Hip Hip Hooray!

10 comments:

eva said...

super cute and great idea! congrats to your son!

Annette Allen said...

that is the perfect Grad goodie bag.. I bet you son is so excited.. Great job.. these are fabulous..

Got my package today.. thank you so much.. I can't wait to play with all the goodies..

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your goodie bags are super cute. The "wise" owl is the perfect image for graduation.

Unknown said...

Your owl goodie bags are definitely going to be a hit with the graduates! Congrats to your son!

Unknown said...

Your owl goodie bags are definitely going to be a hit with the graduates! Congrats to your son!

Creations by Shirl said...

Oh yes, those owls will be super and a keeper for all those graduates.... Great job on them~

yyam said...

Clever. And what a fabulous goodie bag to receive!

scrapnhawaii said...

Great idea! They will surely be a hit and easily transported to the mainland! Congrats on your Son's graduation!

Leanne said...

om my these are perfect!! so cute Lynn!!
Congrats on your son's graduation!

StevenHWicker said...

Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Candy Cane Pen