Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Nautical Luggage Tag Birthday Card

 When I woke up this morning I had no idea what kind of birthday card I was going to make for my friend, but I knew I had to work fast.  Since she is going on a cruise soon after her birthday, I decided on a nautical theme.  Have you noticed that HM Ben Franklin has a wonderful supply of nautical crafting supplies...shells, anchors, printed 12x12 card stock, etc.?  Since I had one Paper Accent vinyl  luggage tag left from the 3 tag package I purchased at BFC and just bought a bunch of nautical themed Canvas Corp and Authentique card stock sheets, I decided to make a birthday card that incorporated a little gift luggage tag.
As you can see from this photo, the Authentique card stock has a vivid red stripe side upon which I plan to write my birthday message. The pocket with the tag was made by simply cutting out and taping three sides of the stitched label from a Canvas Corp card stock sheet.
Here's what  the card looks like without the tag.  At first I didn't have the circle and other label on the front but decided that I wanted the card to look complete even after my friend removed the tag.
This is the front of the tag.  The 'happy' was cut from card stock using the Hero Art die from the stamp set.  I will suggest that my friend use the vinyl loop (putting that in the envelope) and remove the ribbons if she desires a less gaudy luggage tag.
The bon voyage label on the back was also from the 12x12 Canvas Corp card stock.  There is enough room on it for a name, email or address to be written...just in case the luggage goes on its own trip ;(
The 6-1/2 " square envelope was so big and white that I just had to decorate it .  Since I still had the Lawn Fawn stitched circle and banner dies out, I used the smaller banner to make a name tag.  Pebbles rub-on words and Dear Lizzy letters (just bought them from a clearance bin at BFC) plus some twine finished the look nicely.
I was surprised at how quickly this card came together.....no coloring!  I really hope that my friend is 'happy happy' with the card and the enclosed luggage tag.  Because everything just seemed to sail into place, I had a great crafting day. Yay!  Please stop by this blog site again and if you have the time leave a comment .....I love hearing from you!

3 comments:

eva said...

how fun to create a perfectly themed card/gift for your friend! sure she will love it!

Annette Allen said...

now that is just too awesome and so crafty.. love your fun ideas.. thanks for sharing..

RobertNelson said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Imprinted Pens