Friday, May 15, 2015

Congrats Card 2015

I wanted to try the new Sizzix transfer sheets I saw at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  They seemed to be a new way to make use of dies and embossing folders. I also saw a new Hero Arts product that included a 'congrats' die and matching clear stamps.   Combining the two products I was able to make the fancy looking gold and black  'congrats' on the red circle.  It took a few tries to get the pressure correct so that the word printed out nicely but once you discover the right shims for your machine and thickness of paper, you'll be a pro.  The transfer sheets come in lots of colors and can be enhanced with ink stamping (I used black ink).
 On the inside of the card I wanted to use a raccoon Ai stamp because the graduate is an animal lover.  The glitter on the sign looks weird in the photo but it really is great with the sequin grad caps from my ancient supply (LOL).  The stitched sign was made with the Paper Smooches die.
 My favorite part of this card is the back because it adds a touch of humor to what appeared from the front to be rather boring.  It does look a bit like the flag of Japan....hahaha!
Here are some of the transfer sheets and the platform for the Big Shot.
The large grad cap sticker came from a Jolee's package and the paper was from a Doodle bug 6x6 paper pad.  Oh, the 'You Did It' is from a TPC Studio stamp set...contains great stamps! I traced the letters with a glue pen and added the red glitter.
These are the dies I used but you can surely use the ones you have or hand cut some of the shapes.  Hope this post inspired you to visit HM Ben Franklin Crafts and check out the new products that are arriving at the stores.  You are sure to see something that you would love to use on your craft projects.  Happy Shopping and Crafting!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

now that is a fun graduation card..

Unknown said...

I saw those transfer sheets...looks like another trip back to BF! haha. Love how you did the gold outline and then the solid stamp...super elegant and the rest is just plain fun!

Creations by Shirl said...

Super cute and fun grad card....

Joy said...

I really love the back of the card! I have some of these stamps, too. Great card!

donnaj edwards said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Apple Pen