Thursday, August 24, 2023

Under the Sea Thanks Card



These are two more Alcohol Ink and Stickles on Yupo paper background cards. They were created in the same way as those in the previous post. I'm not sure why, but these two cards were easier to photograph even though I think the jellyfish cards are prettier.


The stamps and dies I used were Hero Arts products. Please refer to the previous post to see the Hero Arts stamp set I used for the fish and small shells. I wish you could see the tiny stars and other sparkly shapes from the Stickles glitter gel that make the background really gorgeous.  After drying, if the background is still tacky, rub on a tiny amount of cornstarch.  There are lots of Stickles colors so I know that I will be experimenting with more background techniques.  Please return to this blog site often to see what I discover.

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Another beautiful piece of art! I like the colors you've used and the texture you achieved almost looks like the fish are swimming above a reef of colorful coral colonies. So intrigued with your experiments with with Yupo paper that I had to Google it... synthetic paper! Can't wait to see the results of the rest of your experiments.

Annette Allen said...

wow this is stunning. I love that cool background and all that color.