Sunday, August 20, 2023

Jellyfish Thanks Card


After purchasing Stickles Glitter Gels in various colors from HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I was challenged to figure out what to do with them.  I wondered if I could combine them with Alcohol Inks on Yupo paper.  I folded a sheet of Yupo paper, sprayed on alcohol and applied some drops of alcohol inks plus some dollops of glitter gel.  Next, I closed the Yupo paper and rubbed the outside. Opening the paper revealed lovely ink blot colors with amazing sparkling effects including tiny glitter pieces.  (Sorry that the photos don't do justice to the subtle delights of these cards.)


The die cut 'Thanks' and stamped colored die cut jellyfish were added to the cards with foam dot adhesives and Beacon glue. I added a bit of Glossy Accents to the jellyfish and sprinkled them with Stampendous crystal glitter because...well, you can never have too much sparkle...right?

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Really like that color combo, especially with the matching stickles gels. Looks like the gels added a fun rippled texture too, perhaps like the ripples in water as jellyfish swim by? Very pretty!