Wednesday, August 16, 2023

BAM! You're Old

I have a dear, OLD friend who was born 6 months before me so I love teasing her that she is OLDER than me and at least for a few months I am the YOUNG one. This card for her started with a panel stenciled (Whimsy stencil) with purple, blue and yellow Stencil Butter stars.  After the stencil butter was dry, I adhered (with foam dots) some die cut (Whimsy dies) images (Whimsy) stamped and colored with Copic pens.  I love the subtle sheen of the stencil butter which is almost like foiled designs with a little raised effect. I will continue to experiment with these stencil butters to see what else I can create. I hope you'll visit this blog site again soon to see more of my 'experiments'!

 

3 comments:

eunice said...

This fun card with the stencil butter background looks great! Yes, I really like the texture and sheen... the yellow almost looks metallic gold. Do you apply with a brush or a spatula?
Love the sentiment on this card!

Lynn said...

Eunice, I actually used my fingers and a piece of cardboard to scrape away the excess. I think a rubber scraper/spatula would be a better idea. Hahaha!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun Lynn.. love it