Friday, August 4, 2023

More Card Kits (#3 & #4)

I purchase a lot of boxed card sets from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  There are a good quantity of assorted cards in each box.  Rarely do I use up all the cards, so I decided that it might be nice to make card kits for my crafty friends who I think would enjoy making cards while on a trip or in front of the TV.  I start each kit by making a sample card so the recipient can see my vision. I include supplies similar to those used on the sample card. I purposely add a few variations so that using the kit embellishments will result in different but similar cards.
Here is another card kit that uses circular pieces and heartfelt sentiments.  If you don't have premade card blanks, you can always cut and fold some solid or printed card stock.  I find that making card kits is mentally soothing because it helps to use up my excess supplies and paper scraps. YAY!

Packaged in Heiko self-sealing cello bags make the kits ready for gift giving...just tie a bow through the pre-made hole.  For the circular designed card kit, I used the Spellbinders circle die set and Woodware Craft stamps...love the sayings in slightly messy typewriter font! If you are a craft supply collector/hoarder, you should try making kits for your friends (even the ones with their own massive stash of crafty stuff)....LOL!

 

No comments: