Monday, August 28, 2023

S'more Banana Muffins


 I haven't had time to do much baking recently and it's been so hot to really feel in the mood to bake.  However, three over ripe bananas just begged me to use them in my favorite banana bread recipe. I didn't feel like making a loaf so I decided on muffins.  A loaf recipe of banana bread will make about 12 large muffins.  I love to experiment so this time I decided to make S'more Banana Muffins. I simply eliminated the nuts and inserted pieces of graham crackers and dark chocolate into the finished muffins and plopped on half a marshmallow. The residual heat melted the chocolate and marshmallow a little. I suppose if I had a mini torch I could have toasted the marshmallows.  Because this was an experiment, I only made half of the dozen muffins this way...enough to see if they would be good the next day or could be frozen.  Into the other half of the batter I mixed in some fresh blueberries before scooping out portions into the paper lined muffin tin.  Sorry I didn't take photos of the blueberry version.  Both banana muffin varieties were super delicious and will be added to my favorite recipe variations.  (P.S. I made the mistake of using white whole wheat flour instead of  regular all purpose flour and perhaps that is why the muffins were super moist and scrumptious.)

2 comments: