Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Upcycled Cosmetic Heart Jar

Like a true hoarder, it is difficult for me to throw out empty glass cosmetic jars, like the ones from L'Occitane.  I think the fancy companies make their jars from heavy glass so that you can't tell how little product you are getting for so much money. LOL! Anyway, I think I've found a use for some of those empty jars.  Simply applying some stencil butter (available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) in various colors can amazingly transform the plain glass into a magical pearlized surface.  The stencil butter is tacky before drying so little Sprinkletz hearts (HM BFC) can be pressed on.  The cover of the jar had the company name embossed on the metal surface so an extra coating of the stencil butter had to be applied.  I am happy that I now have a decorative jar that can be used to hold rings, earrings or other small pieces of jewelry.  The stencil butters (TCW) come in a wide variety of delicious colors so I am thinking the next jar I make will be done in blues and purples with star confetti.  The stencil butter is also very easy to use with stencils.  My next post will feature some cards made with this product. Please visit this site again to see my colorful stenciled cards. 


 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Stencil butter is a new medium to me. I really like the texture and pearlescent sheen it leaves on your bottle...very nice! Is this coating permanent and waterproof? Looking forward to seeing how it looks on paper!

Lynn said...

The dried finish of the stencil butter is like acrylic paint. Hope you like the look of the upcoming cards that I made using the stencil butter. It's a fun medium with many uses.