Monday, April 27, 2015

A True Love Story Never Ends

 This is the last of the series of C.C. Designs 'Rose' stamp cards with masked image and watercolored backgrounds. On this card I used a Bo Bunny printed card stock from the Madeleine line and a sticker from the matching sticker 12x12 sheet  (lots of really great stickers on it).  I cut the frame from watercolor paper using a Spellbinder die and applied watercolors/Copic pens to the insert.  I was happy to find a paper in the Bo Bunny 6x6 Madeleine pad that featured picture frames...a .perfect match for the framed image.
To finish off the card I dusted the frame with pink chalk, added foam squares to the back of the framed image and sentiment sticker, and glued on three paper roses to the wired bow. Normally, I remove wire from ribbons, but because I wanted the card recipient to be able to re-fluff and re-position the ribbon after removing the card from the envelope, I left it in.  I think I may use this card for a wedding shower or anniversary so I decided to make a matching lined envelope...looks fancy yeah?  It was easy to trim off the top corners of a 6x6 sheet from the Madeleine pad and tape it into the envelope. The paper won't reach the bottom of the envelope but it won't be visible.
 Most of the supplies used on this card were purchased at HM Ben Franklin crafts. The three cards in the series are feminine and suitable for Mother's Day or other special occasions.  I hope I have encouraged you to try masking with washi tape and watercoloring backgrounds.  Give it a try; I'm sure you'll enjoy the adventure. Live and love the crafty life!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww how sweet.. i love those images and great coloring..

Leanne said...

These are all very pretty Lynn. Love the soft colors and the sweet image.

Unknown said...

This is so sweet!