Tuesday, April 7, 2015

'You Are Amazing' Grad Card

 This year I have a few grads to acknowledge so I decided to start early on the cards because I need to make leis too.  I began by playing with Distress inks on the Paper Smooches brush stroke stamps.  After spritzing with lots of water I let the watercolor paper dry and chose a piece that had lots of movement to match the Lawn Fawn feather stamps.  I stamped the words and feathers in gold and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  For the card base I used a Studio Calico card stock with bold  inspirational words.
 The Sizzix pop-up 'Congrats' die with the card base die (not shown)were used to cut out an inside and outside card.  I love the inside collage print paper because it didn't require any more decoration other than the stamping of 'dream' in gold ink.
Here's a side view of how the words pop-out....cool yeah?  I think the bold printed words make a very graphic statement.  This grad card was easy to make but looks like it involved lots of work so the graduate should be impressed with my effort...heeheehee!
 The You are Amazing stamp was from a set by Ditto that I can't remember buying and discovered in my stash of graduation stuff.  I do know that HM Ben Franklin Crafts has the Lawn Fawn stamp set and the Studio Calico papers in stock now.  Go check out the new crafting supplies that continuously flow into the Ben Franklin Stores. It's Graduation time!  Get crafting!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow this is amazing.. i love the big surprise inside.. great job

Creations by Shirl said...

Unique and awesome twist for a grad card... Those recipients will be thrilled to get them.... Great job Lynn!

Leanne said...

These are amazing Lynn!! Each individual will be so surprised and excited to receive them. Way to go!