Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Happy Dog Mahalo Card

 I've had the cute Art Impression front and back dog stamp for awhile and finally decided to ink it up to make a thank you card.  Initially, I wanted the dog to pop out the card like it ripped through (like the end of a cartoon) but after several tries I opted for a simple round card.  (I think my circle die was too small.)   Anyway, I like how this came out with the dog print paper (from a DCWV 6x6 pad) and Darice pop-pom ribbon.
 The Ai stamp set came with a bouncy spring to attach to the dog's backside so it can twerk...LOL!
To keep it simple I scored a fold line on the back circle (paper also from the same DCWV pack) and this allows the card to open.
The Mahalo stamp is a Rubber Stamp Plantation oldie. The Mahalo sign was cut with a Sizzix label die and the small tag was made with a Sizzix die from a set that included the stamped words.  Maybe another day I'll try to figure out a card with the dog popping out but for now I was in a rush to mail out this card.  Thanks for stopping by to read this post.  Have a crafty life!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that fun pattern paper and your dog twerkin...lol. Just adorable! The pompom trim is the perfect finishing touch.

Annette Allen said...

oh my word HOW CUTE...

Leanne said...

hehehe, this is very cute Lynn!! I bet they will be doggone happy to receive it. hehehe