Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mother's Day/ All Occasion Card

I can't resist sweet little girl images, roses, and shimmering,silky ribbons.  These seem to be the perfect components for a Mother's Day card but alas, I no longer have any reason to make one.  Therefore, I decided to make a card that could be adapted for many occasions including Mother's Day.  Since I am still trying to incorporate watercolors into my cards,  I decided to try die cutting (Sizzix) a panel from watercolor paper (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts). Then I stamped the C.C. Design image (also purchased at BFC), masked it and watercolored the background.  It was easy-peasy to cut a piece of Crate Paper printed card stock to fit a 5-1/4" x 5-1/4" square card.  The bottom boarder was cut with a Sizzix die and Heiko ribbon plus a Petaloo flower were added.  Oh yes, I forgot to show the pack of Paper Accent 5-1/2" square white envelopes that were bought at BFC too. (The envelopes often determine the size of card I create.) I will show how I did my image masking in a later post.  I was motivated to use this technique after reading Niki G's blog (Stampn' HI) a few posts ago.
What I like about this card is that it has the doily look but didn't require multiple layers which can make the card too bulky.  I may add a sentiment on a banner or tag when I decide on the occasion and recipient....maybe birthday...or thank you card.  Perhaps I'll dangle a charm or pendant from the ribbon as a card/gift all in one!  We'll see.....for now it will go into my card stash.

5 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

She turned out cute Lynn!

eva said...

she's a cutie! love the floral embellishments!

Cheryl said...

Adorable Lynn! I love how your water colored background turned out. Have to try that since I have so many water colors to use.

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I really love the colors you used on your card. Super sweet image!

Leanne said...

Another sweet card. This looks a little vintage. Love it!