Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Cats Light Up the Season Gift Bag

The Penny Black stamp of the two cats stringing up Xmas lights is one of my favorites.  I thought it would pair well with the Sizzix die cut Xmas lights. I like that this set has both stamps and dies.  I only used the dies and colored the bulbs with Stickles and a silver gel pen for the tops of the bulbs.
So that the fussy cut cats would blend onto the kraft bag, I stamped them onto kraft paper and colored them with a white gel pen.  You might just pass by this rather plain 'Light up the Season' kraft bag (sold at HM BFC), but when you consider the possibilities for crafting something special, you really should expand your Xmas crafting to include these kraft gift bags.  Did you know that more presents are given in gift bags than wrapped up, and mailing Xmas cards has been mostly replaced by digital greetings? For these reasons, I feel crafters should use their skills to embellish gift bags to share their crafty talents. Give it a try; it's lots of fun!

No comments: