Monday, December 5, 2016

Embossed Traditional Christmas Card


For a change, I decided to make a traditional, old-fashioned-looking Christmas card.  I started it by dry embossing a striped green card stock with a 'Merry Christmas' Sizzix folder. Before running it through my Big Shot machine, I used a gold ink pad to ink up the indented side of the embossing folder. Next I quickly removed the embossed card stock and sprinkled gold sparkle embossing powder (Nuvo) on the wet ink before melting the powder with a heat gun. It was difficult to photograph and capture the subtle gold sparkle of the background and the way that the words flicker back and forth so I decided to share a second view of the same card.
The beautiful poinsettias are Petaloo products that I purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. All the BFC items shown below (some used for the next posted project) were used on this dry and heat embossed card.  In a day or so I will post another project using this interesting background technique.  Please come back for another visit to this blog site and leave a comment if you have time.  I love hearing from you; it makes all the time crafting and posting worthwhile for me.

2 comments:

Shirley N said...

Wow you did a beautiful job with this technique Lynn! I tried doing this once and made a mess, lol. Gorgeous card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is a very fun card! I can see the difference in the card from another angle. I like the really traditional look here! TFS!