Saturday, December 24, 2016

Xmas Tree Calendar/Candy Party Favor

Here is the Xmas favor I came up with this year for our annual holiday brunch.  I wanted to include something that would be usable for the guests so I started with a little Studio G stand up chalkboard memo holder I found at HM Ben Franklin Crafts ($1.50).  I used a Bistro marker (but chalk works well, too) to write my name (or the other guest's) on the memo holder.  Then I die cut the trees and sentiments (Sizzix set).  I found that a rolling tape glue works well to get just enough sticky stuff on the back of the words to adhere it to the tree.  For the tree topper I glued on a snowflake sequin and added a small sun one that I had in my stash. The tree was clipped in the memo holder along with the top of a goodie bag.
This is the back of the favor where you can see the Heiko cello bag (with the top attached to the memo holder) and Xmas sticker. The Heiko products were also sold at HM BFC.
When the treats are eaten the guest will be left with an erasable chalkboard memo holder with a (Vippies) calendar attached to the back.  I think it is nice to make favors that don't end up in the trash or contain artificial flowers that sit on a table collecting dust.  At least with these favors the recipient can put the calendar on his/her desk and even use it to hold memos/chalk in reminders. I'm sure you will find many other uses for the this die that are not shown on the package so let your creativity float like snowflakes this holiday season.

No comments: