Saturday, December 17, 2016

Ornament Card with Rustic Snowflake Ornament Inside

When I first saw the folding ornament Sizzix die at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I was not impressed by the package photo, but I thought I could jazz up the basic shape into something unique.
Here is a top view of the card ornament which could be hung on a tree because it is dimensional and has a hanging loop.
But when you untie the top ribbon and bottom garland, the snowflake poinsettia ornament is revealed on the blue snowflake panel. (Please note that only one half of the die cut gold foil 'NOEL' is glued down so that the card can be opened. The ornament caps were also die cut from foil paper.)
The velvet holly leaves (Petaloo), poinsettia petals and yellow acrylic rhinestones were glued onto the rustic wood snowflakes (Sierra Pacific)....all were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.
The back of the snowflake was 'too rustic' for my taste so I added a snowflake decoration (Darice) that I also found at BFC.
The look of this ornament card can vary greatly depending on the paper that you choose....so many beautiful double sided card stocks available.  I was pleased to be able to coordinate the paper with the snowflake poinsettia ornament .....isn't it nice when it all works out? I think the Christmas fairy gave me the idea one night when I was sleeping....wink*wink* wink!

No comments: