Thursday, December 22, 2016

Folding Christmas Tree Card

When I first saw the Folding Xmas Tree Sizzix die, I wasn't positive how the card was cut out and folded.  The few photos included with the die didn't help me much but luckily the Sizzix website had some YouTube videos that were informative.
I think using the right paper is the best advice I could give you when assembling this card.  I used printed card stock from a 6x6 Doodlebug Designs  Xmas pad.  I had to think a little bit about how to lay out the die to cut out half a tree without making one half with upside down mini trees.  The sentiment was cut out of foil paper and adhered to some leftover frosted snowflake paper.
I didn't want to spend time cutting and gluing the little poinsettias for the top of the tree so I just used some snowflake confetti (large bag of three sizes of snowflakes came from HM BFC). The confetti for the tree halves were folded in half across the tree tops. Oh yes, it will save you a ton of time if you purchase a Spellbinder rolling brush tool to get the chads out of the intricate sentiment die.  I think I also saw a Sizzix one at BFC.  Anyway, I think this is an elegant, unique card that is easy to make with this special Sizzix folding die. You could make lots of them for friends and family or possibly use them to decorate the Christmas dinner table. In the next post I will show you what else I did with this special die set that I purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  Happy Shopping and Crafting!

No comments: