Sunday, December 11, 2016

Let It Snow Cards With Embossed Snowflake Background

 As in the previous two posts, the backgrounds for these cards were created by rubbing a slow drying ink pad on the indented side of the Sizzix snowflake embossing folder and rolling it through a Big Shot machine with a piece of card stock in the embossing folder.  When the card stock was removed I quickly dusted it with embossing powder (Nuvo) before zapping it with a heat gun.  The ink pad I used was a Hero Arts ombre one and the embossing powders were a combination of blues and clear sparkle. For the ground snow I used a piece of glitter card stock that I hand cut.The 'Let it Snow' words were from a Little B die set.
I couldn't decide which stamp and die set to use so I made one card with the Hero Arts polar bear image and the other with the Lawn Fawn penguins. For both cards I used the trees from the Hero Arts set. All the stamps, dies, inks, and embossing folders were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. Although my photos don't do justice to the subtle sparkle and colors of the backgrounds, I really do like the way the cards shimmer.  I hope that you will try this technique on your next holiday card. I know that you will love the results.

No comments: