Thursday, December 1, 2016

Tri-fold Snowflake Card


 When I started to create this card, I had planned to add some deer, snowmen or penguins for extra interest, but when I finished the basic card, I loved it so much I decided to showcase it as is.  I think the secret for getting the best look from this die is to chose your card stock carefully. The one I chose was 'Flurry' from the My Mind's Eye Sugar Plum line which I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. One side of this paper has sparkly snowflakes and the other is subtle plaid.
The words were cut from paper in the DCWV Glitzy Glitter 6x6 pad.  The snow beneath the words were cut from Shimmer paper in a DCWV 6x6 pad.
 I recommend using sturdy card stock and running it back and forth through the die cutting machine because the delicate snowflake and words will rip when you are trying to remove the excess paper if the cuts are not clean. The glitter paper especially needs several passes through the machine because the paper has a thin rubber backing.
 I love the look of this card and the way that it stands up with its windowed layers.  A large snowflake was cut from glitter flecked vellum and glued onto the front snowflake.  With leftover card stock I cut a smaller snowflake (in the set) and glued it and an acrylic crystal onto the vellum snowflake.
 This card is so pretty; it could even be hung on your Xmas tree as an ornament. Besides the supplies below, you will need an extra long cutting pad because the die is bigger than the standard size. I know that I'll be using this snowflake card die for many years to come....it's my new favorite!

No comments: