Monday, February 23, 2015

Bark-day Card

Just a quickie post today before I send this card off to my sister who is a true dog lover.  I previously made another card for her but then 'discovered' a Paper Smooches birthday set that was hidden in my collection of birthday paper crafting stuff.  Since I was short on time I used a pre-cut and scored card blank from the Pebbles 'Birthday Wishes' pack of 36 sheets.  To this I added some paper doily pieces (that were lying around my messy desk) because I felt the party hat print was a bit too strong and overwhelmed the Paper Smooches dog and bird. (Of course I could have chosen another card blank print but the silly animals WERE wearing party hats....hahaha!)  I printed the words on a die cut Paper Smooches banner (set not shown in the photo).  (Tip: Some clear word stamps can be bent and stuck on the acrylic block before stamping so the words align with the shape of the banner.)  To finish off the balance of the card I added the cupcake and balloon die cuts from the Pebbles 75 piece (yes 75!) pack of die cuts. Oh, the stamped Paper Smooches birthday animals were die cut, colored with Copics and adhered with foam square adhesives.
I recently picked up a bottle of Ranger Glossy Accents. I noticed that some bloggers were using it as a glue because it is clear and has a tiny tipped bottle.  It's been years since I used this product to add a shiny surface to my paper crafts so I did a last minute application to the balloons and cherry. It does take awhile for the liquid to dry but the result is worth it.  Everything old is new again....yay for old products revisited!  Hope you have fun shopping for these products at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. New PS products are in the store and the birthday set is there too!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so cute.. i love those little critters..

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Bet your sister will be all smiles when she sees your doggone cute card.

Leanne said...

Aww this is doggone cute! I bet your sister loved it. Great details about your card, with so many die cuts and paper bases you'll be able to create a ton of cards!! Score!
Thanks so much for the encouraging words you left on my blog Lynn. Big hugs!!

yyam said...

Awwww...this is super cute! Sure to put a big smile on your sister's face!

I love glossy accents....except for the tip of the bottle.....the glue always gets stuck there.