Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Birthday Card and Wrapping All in One

This was a quickie because I forgot.....shame on me.  I really should make my husband's card and gift during Christmas because his birthday rolls around so fast. This year we went on a trip just before his birthday too!  Anyway, enough excuses.....here is the card and wrapping that I came up with in a flash.  I used Sizzix dies to cut the background panels and oval. The stamps I used for the character and sentiment were from an Art Impression set.  I used Memento Ink and Copic pens.

For fun I added a Ai shaker spiral which animates the handy man.  Oh yes, the banner was stamped (Paper Smooches) on Doodlebug (Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 pad) cardstock and die cut with another PS product. The tiny Making Memories square copper brads were affixed to give the feel of hardware.  By putting the image and sentiment on a black paper bag (American Crafts) and stapling the banner to it, I was able to create a card wrapping....quick and easy!  (Luckily, the gift was a pen so it fit easily in the bag!  LOL!)  In the future I hope that you will plan ahead (unlike me) but sometimes a card wrap is a simple solution that can save the day.

3 comments:

eva said...

a cute and fun way to pack up a gift!

Leanne said...

I love it!! it's like a two for one!
Bet he loved it!
:)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

This is surely a full-on "guy" card. Bet your hubby was all smiles.