Saturday, February 14, 2015

K.I.S.S. Vintage Valentines

 As a child, I loved the excitement and mystery of Valentine's Day especially because of the classroom mailbox for 'mailing' those sweet sentimental cards between classmates.  As an adult I still scour antique stores looking for those cards of my past, but sadly nice ones are hard to find or very pricey.  When I saw this year's Authentic Valentine 12x12 paper card stock with the cute set of 12 vintage Valentine cards on a sheet, I eagerly bought a few sheets in the hopes of recreating my childhood memories.  This first card was a real K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetheart) Valentine...just cut out the card, tape it to the card from the Authentic card pack and attach the die cut sentiment.
This card was inspired by my mothers photo albums. When I accidentally found an old package of photo corners in a drawer (I know I had some black ones somewhere....), I knew this card was meant to be.  I used some stickers from a Mambi chalkboard package and put the 'then' one on the front rounding the corners around the tab.  The 'now' sticker is on the inside of the card where I plan to put a current photo of my husband and me and use the card on a scrapbook page.
The final card is based on the romantic Victorian Valentines that I sometimes see in antique shops.  I am a big fan of the Victorian era and I love the artistic renderings of cherubic children shown on century old cards.  I hope you enjoyed seeing my attempt at 'K.I.S.S.' Valentines to recreate the past. These are my Valentine's Day card to you, my wonderful blogland friends!  Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

eva said...

oh, these are so sweet! happy valentine's day!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Your vintage cards are beautiful Lynn. Happy Valentine's Day!

Leanne said...

so sweet Lynn!! sending you a virtual hug!!
happy valentine's day!

Annette Allen said...

aww sweet vintage images..

Unknown said...

Wow, these are vintagely gorgeous!

Creations by Shirl said...

Great job on those vintage cards.... Hope your V-Day was awesome....

yyam said...

Ooooh...these are so sweet! Hope you had an awesome Valentine's Day!