Friday, February 27, 2015

Mason Jar Thank You Tags

Whenever we travel we bring back 'omiyage' (gifts).  If you are not familiar with the term, then you are not an old Japanese person like me.  The 'omiyage' are often given to those who helped take care of your house or pets and/or for those who may have given you traveling money. I made these tags to attach to the omiyage to our sweet, helpful neighbors and the pet watchers. My neighbor is a fellow card maker so I designed the first tag to have removable die cut words so she can later use them on her cards. I used the Sizzix jar stamp on acetate with permanent black ink (Staz-On) and cut it out with the die included in the set.  I hand cut the stamped label and glued it to the jar.  I only glued down part of the jar so that the 'thanks' can be removed.  To save time I used pre-cut Paper Accent tags that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.
Using the same Sizzix set, I made a shaker tag.  I stamped the words on the acetate window and cut a second jar shape from thin foam to form the cavity for the sequins.  Since this tag is going to someone who didn't already get a calendar from me this year, I added one that I just happened to have *wink-wink*.  I plan to tie the twine into a loop so that the calendar can be hung up. The 'thanks' die is from Taylored Expressions and came as a freebie with my order, but I am sure it is available for sale.  I had fun making special 'gift' tags to go with the omiyage and I hope that they convey to the recipients how much I appreciate their help.  Thank you to you, too for taking the time to read my blog post.  I hope it was enjoyable and that you will return again to see more of my craft work.

6 comments:

eva said...

cute little jars! i got a freebie thanks die from TE also but mine looks different. i like yours better!

Creations by Shirl said...

Love how you are taking your creations up to another level. Great job on that tag....

Annette Allen said...

wow now this is too fun.. what a fun idea.. love it

Leanne said...

Wonderful omiyage tags and idea! I have a bunch of thank you dies and now you've given me a great new idea! Thanks Lynn!! Happy Aloha Friday!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a sweet idea. Really love the colorful "thank you" die cuts and sequins.

Unknown said...

Love the idea of putting some die cut "thanks" in the jar for the recipient to later use!! Genius idea Lynn.