Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine Besties Spiral Journal

When I bought this Bestie clear stamp, I also found an Xcut impression folder with curly ques that matched the girl's hair style so I knew I had to get it too.  First I impressed the marker paper and then stamped the image in the opening of the frame.  After coloring with Copic pens, I rounded the corners with a punch.  Since the spirals of the Sierra Pacific blank journal were too tedious to fit with the printed cardstock (Pebbles), I opted to leave a border of the kraft paper colored journal exposed (kraft paper is very chic now). I positioned and glued the clothes pin dimensional sticker (Crate Paper) so that it looks like it is holding the impressed sheet.
Here is another journal made with Authentic paper. I wanted the framed 'love you' words to look like a painted wrought iron sign so I die cut it with the Spellbinders die (the striped paper is the back of the flowered cardstock) and heat embossed it with opaque white powder.  The die cut words were made using the Taylored Expressions die.  Both embossed frames on the journals were colored with Pebbles Inc. chalk. The backs of the journals were covered with matching cardstock to attractively finish the projects.  HM Ben Franklin Crafts has lots of Sierra Pacific kraft or colored lined/blank journals which can be quickly crafted into sweet Valentine journals that anyone would be happy to receive as a token of your affection.  I hope you'll try to make one and that you have enjoyed your visit to my blog site.  Please return often and leave a comment if you have the time.  Thanks!
P.S.  When you give this journal to a friend, don't forget to clip a pen to the spiral spine and stick (another ' EXTRA' calendar to the inside of the cover.

1 comment:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn! Your Valentine's notepad is so dang cute. Really love the DP and Bestie image a lot. You are so clever to add the tiny little clothes pins too. How cute!!! I'm sure the recipient is in awe and all smiles. Have a super crafty week.